Who we are
Good news co-operative credit union is a co-operative credit union which has affiliation with CUA. It is licensed by Bank of Ghana and has been in operation for ten (10) years and counting.
Good news co-operatve credit union has five branches In the Kumasi metropolis namely: Amakom- head-office, Suame, Atonsu, Ayeduase and Moke respectively.
We have several and unique bank products/ brands such as
• Grassroot susu
• Me Mma nti
• Me Nhyira nti
• Traditional susu
• My life account
• Fixed deposits
|CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION||AR/P/FC/289|
|Postal address||P. O. Box UP 1487, KNUST-KUMASI|
|Date formed:||Wednesday, 30th December, 2008|
|Date Affiliated||Tuesday,14th October, 2014|
|Date Registered||Thursday, 19th March, 2009|
|DOC- Registered No.||AR/FC/289|
|Bankers:||Ecobank-Stadium, First Atlantic Bank Ltd|
|No. of staff||Total: 34 ( Female-29 Male-5 )|
|Manageress||Regina Hemans Asmah|
Board of Directors
|Name of Director||Designation||Qualification|
|Rev Joseph Turkson||Chairman||BA ( Theology/Church Administration)|
|Bishop Agnes Konama||Vice-Chair||MA. Theology|
|Pastor Christopher K. Agyeman||Secretary||MA. Theology/Church Administration|
|Margaret Forson||Member||Basic Education|
|Rev. Kofi Sarpong||Member||Royal Society of Arts( Stage II )|
Good news…….Join the happy family and be happy
The vision of Good News Co-operative credit Union is “become the best choice credit union for reliable and efficient thrift and loan services”
Good News Co-operative Credit Union’s mission statement is to “facilitate the socio- economic development for its members through provision of innovative member-centered financial and non-financial products and services to object poverty members and economically active members using a team of dedicated and reliable staff”,
The corporate goals of the society are:
- To further develop the society’s traditional thrift and loans base.
- To offer a high degree of personal service.
- To provide innovate financial assistance tailored to meet each member’s financial requirements and capacity
- To ensure compliance with the LI 2225, CUA regulations that may from time to time passed by Ghana co-operative credit union Ltd (CUA ) and the Department of co-operatives (DOC) Rules and Bye Laws:
- To operate the society’s affairs in accordance with
- Accepted principle of financial management
- The achievement of a level of profitability that will allow a yield on members’ shareholders’ funds which exceeds the average for the co-operative credit unions industry and provides for the continued growth of the society’s asset base.
The Board, committee members, management and staff are all aware of the mission of the society and are able to articulate it. All parties are working towards achieving a market oriented society. Internal training is used to help staff live by the mission